Monday, March 3, 2008

Semi-Pro

I read an evaluation of the movie Semi-Pro starring Will Ferrell and I thought it was pretty interesting. Like many of the examples from the book, the evaluation compared the movie to his other films and to films in the same category based on box office sales and reviews. This relates to the discussion we had in class about what makes a movie funny. Who should be the judge to say what is funnier than something else. Although Semi-Pro was number one in the box office by over 3 million dollars it was still considered somewhat of a failure. They blame this on the movie being rated R, but also on the slowing economy. I saw the movie this weekend and I thought it was really funny, however the article didn’t really agree. I thought it was interesting that they were able to be the judge.

No comments: